In the summer of 2017, I organized a group of 12 writers and tour guides on a familiarization tour of southeastern Peru to explore several conservation birding lodges. My role as travel ambassador for this location was to:
- Identify quality writers and tour guides who could bring either expertise, a platform, or an audience to the table.
- Help client narrow down the trip itinerary based on needs and angle of the writers.
- Work with client to communicate details on the trip itinerary to the writers
- Act as a liaison between the writers and the client, being sensitive to the writers’ need for information and the client’s need to promote their lodges.
- Maintain a Facebook page for the group to exchange questions and answers about the destination and to nudge writers on follow-up articles.
- Feature the destinations in articles on NatureTravelNetwork.com
This process helped the trip go smoothly and keep the writers and guides happy. Several trips were planned within a few months of our return.